My mind has been swirling with Asperger's info. It's amazing how a little brain wiring can affect pretty much every single thing a person says or does. I'm having years worth of experiences roll through my mind, suddenly explained, no longer mysterious. TA-DA! Everything makes sense now! And I still have three more books to read, which will only be more enlightening.
So, my mother-in-law watched the boys for 22 hours this weekend. Twenty-two hours of peace for my ears... and lots of random sobbing, imagining how distraught I would be if they both died in a car accident away from me. Apparently I have lots of emotions I never have time or energy to express!
But they all came home happy and fine... well, crying and exhausted, but once they settled in and had a snack, they were okay.
I started potty training Z yesterday. He's an interesting, hilarious kid. I've gotten so used to E's quirkiness and parenting a "neurotypical" child full of manipulations and limit testing is an adjustment. I may look like I know what I'm doing over here with three kids, but I feel like I'm a first time mom *so* often.
I don't think anyone really knows what they're doing. Except for those loud people who've never had to do it. ;)
Anyway, Z requires that I only give him two acceptable choices. Like, "Do you want the underwear with planets or the ones with stripes?" If I ask anything like, "Do you want to wear underwear?" I'm always going to get a big fat "NO!!" and a naked little boy running away from me as fast as possible.
It's kind of exhausting, coming up with one standard set of rules around here, but having to implement them and train them differently to accept them. Guiding absolute polar opposite boys and meeting the needs of an infant? Yeesh. I'm amazed I can form words.
Today we went to the library and Sonic. E has moved onto a new love-- The States! He's already memorized them all by shape and location, as well as their capitals. That took, what? Two days? (I don't know what we're going to do with school.) The book he got today includes the states and their... what... nicknames? like.. "The Peach State," "The Granite State" and lots of random quirky facts about each one. That should be interesting to hear him prattle about.
I keep intending to cut us down? off? from excess sugar (like, limit us each to 30 grams a day --- fruits excluded, of course!)... but then I potty train with candy bribes and take us to Sonic because it's too hot to breathe outside.
I've been watching bits and pieces of the news lately. So depressing. And I don't even feel like I can blog about it in case some one is waaaatchiiiiiing. ISIS, trading a deserter for terrorists, everyone flooding our border because word of the Dream Act got around... what in the world are we doing? Sounds like the downfall of a country is coming. I've read The Harbinger.
But anyway, like a typical American I'll instead talk about how my 3 slushes (and mine, chock full of Nerds) from Sonic only cost $1.27! Sweet day! I can poison my body for a low, low price. :D
Monday, June 16, 2014
Sweet, sweet misery!
Posted by Lindsay at 3:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment