Ethan never ceases to amaze me, and the past couple weeks have been no exception. My little man has started sticking his fists in his mouth and sucking on them, he delights in looking at his toys, and tonight he discovered his laugh.
Earlier this morning, Ethan was sitting propped up on his Boppy. He dropped his pacifier, looked at me, and said, "Uuuuuh!" which I took to mean, "Hey lady, give me my paci!" It was his first real non-cry vocalization, and I was excited. He absolutely loves to sit and stare at anyone's face, and in his studiousness, he hasn't been a noise-maker. I was starting to get the impression that he probably wouldn't say anything until he could form a full sentence.
Then tonight my mom, who has been visiting since Thursday, was talking to him about the Olympics. She asked him if he was going to do the bobsled. He grinned real big and let out the cutest little giggle... then did it 2 more times just to prove that yes, indeed, he was laughing!
It's moments like these that make me absolutely love being a mommy. I can't wait for Josh to come home in a month and enjoy them with me! I just wonder what my big boy will be doing by then!
0 comments:
Post a Comment