CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 14, 2010

Growing Pains, or Confessions of a Bad Mom

Ethan's growing like a wild man and with his new developments, Josh and I have learned the hard way that we are going to have to pay a *lot* more attention to him.

1 - Last Friday we were getting ready to go to a neighborhood picnic (free Chick-fil-A!), and Josh sat Ethan in his carseat on the sofa but didn't buckle him up.  Josh went down the hallway to get his shoes, and I came out of the kitchen to find Ethan squirming around, arching his back then toppling forward out of the carseat and landing face first on the ground below. Then, to make matters worse, the tipsy carseat fell on top of him and clonked him in the back of the head.  ACK!!!  I wanted to die.  Thankfully he was fine, except for fright and a small red spot on his forehead. 

2- Ethan's been working on being able to sit unassisted.  He's lasted 30 seconds or so before collapsing in a small heap, but I'd say yesterday he truly mastered the skill.  I always sit with him and watch him like a hawk in case he should fall over, but after 10 straight minutes this morning, I must have gotten overconfident.  I looked away for literally 3 seconds to reach over to get my beeping cell phone and within that time Ethan had fallen over and clunked the back of his head on our hard floor.  Poor baby!!!  I've learned my lesson and don't let him sit unless he's surrounded by pillows now.

3- After I told Josh the story of Ethan hitting his head on the floor, he confessed that while I was walking Brownie tonight, Ethan fell off the sofa.  Josh had him propped up all cozy, left the room to pee, then came back and Ethan was laying on his stomach on the floor.  Thankfully, he wasn't crying but it did teach Josh about our son's wily ways.

It's amazing to me that a baby who can't yet roll over from back to belly has already found so many ways to get hurt.  And it'scary as a shedevil that there are probably a million more accidents in our future together.  I think I need to go get a nursing degree pronto!

0 comments: